Friday, March 18, 2011

National Quilting Day...

... is Saturday.

Here are my completed blocks for the free design Judy is offering in celebration of National Quilting Day!
My family will probably be glad when I am done with this, as I have been neglecting laundry folding, extra cooking, and regular house cleaning in an effort to keep up with Judy.

Judy has lots of yummy, bright colors in the top she is making, but I opted for all fabrics in my favorite colors - aquas, turquoises, etc.  The dark green fabric is a fabric I've been saving to make a special quilt just for me, and I think this will be just the ticket!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Granny said...

You are FAST! It's beautiful -- love your colors.

Angie in SoCal said...

Love it!

Coloradolady said...

I really fell in love with this quilt when I saw the colors you used. I simply love it!!!!!

I did this one too, only scrappy, its a little dull compared to yours, but It will be fine once I get the borders on it!! This was a fun quilt, and I really want to make one in the colors you did...it is amazing.

kwiltnkats said...

I'm glad I got you inspired. I love your colors too--so much so that I wouldn't possibly have enough for any one project. The pieced border blocks assemble fast. My DH wasn't thrilled with me being in my studio all weekend either! Sandi

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...