Friday, March 25, 2011

UFO #1 and Brown Monochromatic quilt complete

This month was much busier than January and February, and there was no potentially broken ankle to give me extra quilting time, and, and, and... and I just wasn't in love with this project.

I'm a big fan now that it's done.  This was a charm pack of madder/brown fabrics from Connecting Threads several years back.  It was a freebie, or it wouldn't have been in my stash.  I finally cut the charms into 4s, alternated them with muslin, and began hand quilting.

You can see in this view of the back (which is NOT the true color, but it shows the quilting), that it makes a bit of a basket weave effect.  I had hoped it would be more pronounced on the front, but it looks cool anyway.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Living the Lewis Lifestyle said...

very cool :)

Tamera said...

Way to go!

Karen said...

Something very simple but very pretty. I like it.

JudyCinNC said...

Nice finish for March. Judy C

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Perfect!

Jo said...

I'm glad you ended up liking it. Nothing is worse than laboring over something you don't even like.

Dionne said...

Congratulations! What a great finish, and it looks beautiful. Sadly I'm only 2 for 3 (March let me down). Looking forward to seeing what you finish in April!
Cheers,
Dionne

oscynquilts said...

Hi,
I admire you for hand quilting your projects, good job keeping up with the challenge!.

BetsyE said...

So nice! I love the quilting design!

Cheryl Willis said...

very nice, what do you have planned for april?

Marg said...

It looks great, I love the colour shading, and your quilting is fabulous too!

The Quilting Elf said...

I love simple and I love monochromatic ... I guess I love this project! Nice finish.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...