Sunday, March 13, 2011

Design Wall Monday

The cassock is done, buttonholes and all, as is the Pink Things quilt (my stash report has pictures).

I am now working on, among other things, a pink and green scrappy quilt (from the Assistant's quilts, explaining the pink-ness of it) for some friends who are fostering to adopt a preemie.  These are just a few of the blocks (I have more ready to iron).

Other things I am working on this week: my brown/UFO table runner.  I'm hand quilting this time, and it's a different pattern than my last two.  A "princess dress" for Screamer, who has been waiting so patiently.  I've finished two flowers for the waist, but there's plenty of sewing ahead of me.  Some crocheted baby hats and flowers.  If I get all that done, I'll work on the blue borders for "Favorite Things," so that I can baste and hand quilt that monster!

Check out the other design walls (and floors, and tables, and... you get the idea) on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Alzbeta said...

Katie, I'd love to hear more about the family fostering to adopt the preemie. Have we talked about this already? How old is the little one?

Chris said...

What a cheerful color selection. Cute.

Vicki H. said...

Sounds busy at your house! love the fabrics in your quilt.

Marti said...

Yay on the finished cassock. That was quite a project. I like your cheerful new quilt.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...