Wednesday, July 1, 2015

UFO Projects: June update

Number of projects in process, June 1: 27
Number of projects completed: 2
Number of new projects started: 0
Number of projects "trashed": 0
Number of projects in process, July 1: 25

I behaved myself this month and didn't create any new projects!  I finished my memory quilts for my aunt.  Let me tell you, cutting into my grandma's clothing was hard.  Any cut I made couldn't be taken back, and since my grandma had sewn lots of her own clothes, I felt an added weight.  But they're done!

I also finished my last set of bricks.  I had intended to make a bunch of chevron quilts in various colors before I realized how many "ongoing" projects I had created for myself.  I did finish three quilts, all different, and did some FMQ practice in each one to stretch my horizons.

In process:
1. 5" squares 
2. Bits and Bobs
3. 16-patches
4. Triangle scraps
5. Donation Rainbow Star
6. Irish chain in green and brown
7. Scraps to Treasures
8. Glacier fabrics
9.  Last set of coordinated fabrics

Non-Quilt Projects:
1. Placemat
2. Pillows
3. Someday, inherited embroidery
4. Old school uniforms 

I do have some new quilt ideas percolating for next year's rainbow scrap challenge, but I think I'll wait to add those to my future list since I'm not set on any of them yet.

This month, I hope to finish the Rainbow Star quilt, the baby quilt of 5" squares, and sew up the old school uniforms into a doll dress.  It's crazy time here on the farm, so those are lofty goals!

Future: 
1. Giant chevron for my mom
2.  Tell it to the Stars
3. Hand pieced hexi
4. Odd Fellow block
5. Scrap crystal
6. Hand dyed applique
7.  ABC quilts
8. Scrappy DWR
9. Lime/Aqua/white diamonds
10.  Alzbe's Tshirt quilt
11. Tom and Hannah
12. Orphan block quilt

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Sharon - IN said...

Your honesty and list is inspiring me. I have been slowly cleaning out my sewing space and seeing your lists, I think I'll make a list of all those forgotten and overlooked projects and just see what I can accomplish this next quarter.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...