Monday, February 27, 2017

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Finished Quilt

Monday, I finished this little beauty.  At less than 30" square, it really is little.
It was made using scraps, orphan blocks, and a bit of "remnant " stash.  Four of the blocks were leftovers from a quilt I made my second daughter and finished in 2012.  I made four more blocks from stash and remnants over the last few weeks, added the tail end of the blue and red barn fabric, and the red squares.  I liked adding the flange between the border and the blocks, but maybe it was ill chosen, as it makes the blocks look lopsided.

There is a single misshapen block, one of the few I mis-cut when making the original.  I decided to keep them, since I didn't have oodles of fabrics and thought a few odd balls might be quirky.

Even the batting is scrappy, with three pieces stitched together, and the backing used up all but about 6" of another fabric long in my stash.

In my mission to empty the orphan box this year with the help of scraps, I feel like I'm making excellent progress!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

scraphappydenise said...

Katie... I am also emptying the orphan bin and using scraps this year! Keep it up!

I love your little 30" quilt.

Vicki W said...

Love the turquoise and red combo!

Kate said...

A colorful and fun quilt. You've been doing a good job of using up those odds and ends.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...