Saturday, February 11, 2017

Sea-Faring Stitching

These little gems are the sum total of my aquamarine stitching this week.  I finished the Tshirt quilt flimsy, the blocks for Winter Dance, some hand quilting, and some basting, but not more sea green.

I didn't make it to the post office either, Joyful.  Hopefully this week!

Y'all are some mighty pray-ers, as the past week was significantly less stormy.  Thank you.  As long as we can avoid influenza Type A or strep (schools west of us cancelled school with over 20% of the school absent), February looks to be much more cheerful.  With a high of almost 80, we will be outside walking, so I won't see many hourglass blocks today.  That's okay, as it gets cold again tomorrow.

Be sure to check out the blue-green riches this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

Edith said...

Nice, love those little nine-patches in the middle.

Lori said...

Where on earth do you find time for commission quilts??!!! I love sea greens, I had ONE FQ in my stash. Luckily I have thought ful friends who sent me some. The gray spiky things are moving along.

Other than continual running noses and coughs the grands are well. School closed for strep and influenza? Nasty!

The Joyful Quilter said...

No worries, Katie. Thanks for the preview of what may be in my envelope!! Happy to hear that you had a less stormy week. Enjoy your bright sunny day!

Quiltdivajulie said...

A couple of schools here have closed as well due to kids being so sick and contagious. Enjoy the outdoors while it is warm.

Chantal said...

Happy to hear your week was "more normal", if there is such a thing when we have young children. Still, I'll keep you in my prayers a little longer, just in case. Lovely blocks. ;^)

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I like those little blocks you made! They look happy! And it sounds like you got a lot of other things done this week, too. Glad everyone is feeling better!

Nell's Quilts said...

Hope you miss the flu/cold. It was nasty and hung on and on. Some lovely blocks made.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

THe little nine patches in the center are so cute! Heres to good weather killing off the InfA germs!!!

Rachel said...

Lovely! Those tiny little nine patches are great!

Kate said...

Fun 9-patches. So glad this last week was smoother. Several schools in OK closed due to the flu. I'm hoping we can avoid the flu and strep. Drama Teen has too much going on to get sick.

Deb A said...

So glad the week was better. Sounds like a good day to air out the house before the cooler weather returns. Enjoy the walk.

gpc said...

Watching the snow falling out the window today, those 80 degrees sound amazing . . . but not the sickness. Stay safe! :)

Vicki W said...

Those are such cute blocks!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...