Sunday, February 12, 2017

Sunday Slow Basting

This pattern has been sitting around for several years.  In fact, it's old enough that the color ink is shedding off the front cover.  This is a smidge inconvenient, as the color is the only image of the finished project in the whole packet!  I am finding the layout to be bearish, since there is no large schematic to follow, and trying to lay out a 30x40 quilt from a 4x6 image is obnoxious.  Oh, well.

I've made all the components, I think, and I'm basting everything in place is preparation for hand quilting.  I considered basting only a section at a time, but I really need to see if there are any gaps or repositioning needed as a part of the whole.  Things are roughly pinned in place, and then I'm glue basting the stems, cutting to size, and thread basting each section.

My goal is to have it all basted by the end of the month, and then the appliquéing will begin!  As I'm stitching away, the back of my mind is pondering borders and quilting.  Decisions, decisions!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S.  Visit all the handwork each Sunday!

4 comments:

Karen said...

Pretty in purples. I don't have many purple fabrics in stash. I would have to shop to make something like your flowers.

Quilter Kathy said...

Wow that is a real challenge... you are brave!

Kate said...

Very pretty! Love those purple roses.

Vicki W said...

It's going to be so pretty!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...