Thursday, February 2, 2017

February Goals

In January, I hoped to...
1.  Sew up some new scrappy projects and keep up with old: trim scraps, Bits and Bobs, 5 Garden Party blocks, 20 mini 9s, 20 hourglass blocks, and four Barn Dance blocks.  The color for the month is purple.  I have one lonely orphan strip in purple, so rather than create more blocks, I hope to find a small project to use up the strip.  Done, done, done, down to the orphan block turned pin cushion.

2. UFO hand quilting: quilt blocks 9 and 10.  Done, and finished block 3.

3.  Finish "Spelling Bee."  Yes!

I also started Winter Dance, cut 10 pillowcases and stitched 3, and finished all my appliqué buds!

In February, I want to...
1.  Keep sewing scraps in sea green, blue green, teal, turquoise, etc. Trimming, Bits and Bobs, 4 Garden Party, 20 mini 9s, 20 hourglass, and four Barn Dance blocks.  If all those get done, I have a small collection of orphan blocks to transform into a baby quilt.

2. Tell it to the Stars: quilt to sides of the grey settnig triangle border.

3.  Finish Winter Dance.

4.  Finish three pillow cases.

5.  Finish DH's stocking.

6.  Baste all my rose appliqué pieces, including stems, to the background.

7.  Start and finish a commission Tshirt quilt.

I'd best get busy!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Congrats on your successful January. Good luck with your February goals.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...