Saturday, February 4, 2017

Sea Glass Fragments

I'll be the first to admit my blocks may miss the "sea green" directive for this month, but I'm working out my scrap box, so this is what I have to offer: four "Garden Party" blocks.

Last month, I'd already leaped ahead to my mini 9s, but this week I was cutting Tshirts for a commissioned quilt.  I did get all my scraps cleaned up, so the overflowing bin is sorted and put away.  I prepared all the pieces for my last stocking, for DH.  Then there was that crazy, what was I thinking project: Winter Dance, my variation on Bonnie Hunter's En Provence.  I have all the units made, even if the colors aren't all in the proper places, and I'm currently sewing the border.  Next week will be mini 9s and blocks for this quilt!

If you are of the praying inclination, would you remember us in your prayers, please?  JoJo has hit a rough patch, and it is hard to weather this storm together when there's nothing I can do to "fix" it.

Be sure to check out the sea green beauties this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

13 comments:

scraphappy said...

Prayers for JoJo. Glad you are able to use up some scraps.

Mari said...

Poor JoJo. Hope he is okay. Good luck with En Provence. You're farther ahead than me!

Chantal said...

Yes, definitively praying for Jojo. Sending good energy to the parents also as I know parents suffer as much as the child when things like this happens. May you find some time and place for some respite. Blessings. ;^)

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

I think you hit the mark on the colors. Prayers from here for JoJo.

Nell's Quilts said...

Lovely work on show. Prayers going out for JoJo.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I love your Garden Party blocks! They look like they'll be fun in any color. Sending you prayers and positive thoughts!

The Joyful Quilter said...

2 out of 4 Garden Party blocks TOTALLY hit the mark for SEA GREEN!! I'm so sorry to hear that JoJo has regressed since we spoke about how well he was doing. Thinking of you and your family. Hang in there, Katie!!

Cathy said...

Oh, I think I have Garden Party bookmarked in a magazine. You are off to a wonderful start.

And JoJo is on my prayer list.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I think they count - I see the sea or green - were good ;-) I really like them!!
Prayers - and hugs

Pamela Arbour said...

I think your blocks fit the description perfectly, somewhere between blue and green! Very nice.

Angie said...

Sending prayers and good vibes for Jojo and for you and the rest of the family as well. I hope you continue to have time for fabric therapy!

Kate said...

Hope JoJo's rough patch doesn't last too long, I'll definitely include that in my prayers. Like your Garden Party blocks. Hope you have time for enough stitching therapy this week.

Deb A said...

Oh no. Sending prayers and patience to all of you. Hope things go better this week for you all.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...