Saturday, February 11, 2017

Quiltathon

Day 1:

After the usual dishwashing, kids to school, morning chore routine, I sewed my heart out!  Two hand quilting motifs were completed, along with finishing my mini 9s for the month, basting part of my rose appliqué, stitching down appliqués on the last stocking, sewing two rows for the Tshirt quilt, and completing a plastic bag holder from some aqua orphan blocks!  I was amazing how quickly things moved along.

Winter Dance saw the block pieces webbed, borders pieced, and the sashings slowly coming together.

Of course, I realized at the end of the day how I managed so much: I walked too little!  I am slowly increasing my step goal again since PK's birth, and I was about 3000 steps short of my 11500 goal.  Eek!  I must do better tomorrow.

Day 2:

Woot, woot!  My Winter Dance blocks are done!  I've also continued to piece together the sashing units.  I also finished the Tshirt quilt flimsy, cut the batting, and unfolded the newly arrived backing.  During therapy, I appliquéd down another piece on the stocking, and I spent a good chunk of the day making sure I was walking enough.

It wasn't until the very last moments before bed that I managed some hand quilting for the day.  I didn't make it to my roses.  They're very tedious, and I simply didn't want to mess with them today.

Day 3:

I started with hand quilting, to guarantee it wasn't left out today.  One motif later, I'm only another motif away from having my UFO goal for the month complete.  How crazy is that?

Winter Dance blocks met the iron today, the sashing units all came together, and I'm ready to assemble.  It doesn't read like much stitching for the day, but JoJo was home, we went to the park, and I walked over 16,000 steps today.

Day 4:

A bust.  We had great fun walking and exploring in the nice weather.  I walked 19000 steps and didn't stitch a thing.  Oh, well.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Sounds like you found a good balance between walking and stitching. Hope this week turns out to be a calm one too.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...