Saturday, April 15, 2017

Polychromatic Pieces

Turkey poults, growing pains, glorious rain, and tomato starts filled my week.  I made the most of my brief sewing moments, and managed my hourglass blocks this week.  Somehow, as I sorted these, the multicolored blocks I am sure I cut are escaping my searching.  So, these are rather bland.  They should play nicely with everything else, and that's the important thing.

More work was done on my daughter's blocks, but as they currently need pressing, there isn't much to see.


The strips are all sewn, pressed, and sub-cut for my sister's quilt, and while these aren't "my colors" at all, and random isn't "my thing" either, I'm enjoying these four-patches.  I had wild dreams of sewing all the four patches this week, but Friday (and Saturday, so far), look like stitch-less days.  Ah, well.  Easter's more important!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

P.S. Be sure to check out all the multi-colored fabrics this week!

10 comments:

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Happy Easter, Katie! Pressing could be enjoyable if you had some other entertainment to pass the time! I like your hourglass blocks, and I agree, if they play well with the rest of your blocks, they're good!

Mari said...

Any stitching at all is good stitching! Happy Easter!

Deb A said...

Any stitching at all is a good week! Easter is important and growing pains are terrible with grumpy kids. Hope you have a wonderful Easter Sunday.

Kathy S. said...

I love hourglass blocks (when they are cut by Accuquilt.) I don't have the patience to cut them with a rotary cutter...

PaulaB quilts said...

The ones you've shown really do play well together. Have a very Happy Easter.

Magpie Sue said...

At least you got a little sewing in, and your blocks look great. Happy Easter!

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hoppy Easter, my friend!! Thank your lucky stars for a few sewing moments because sometimes, that's simply all the time available. Wishing you further progress in the coming week!

Cathy said...

Happy Easter to you and your sweet family! And the hourglass blocks are great, even if they are "plain". They look so serene and restful to these eyes that have been sewing on wild and crazy multi scraps this week!

Pamela Arbour said...

Sounds like you got a lot done. Unfortunately, we can't quilt all day every day! I like your hourglasses. Oh, the pressing. It is so important. I know people who don't own an iron. That tells me that they don't sew!

Chantal said...

I too have a problem with random. We barely get along. A mother always need to plan things and have a Plan B up her sleeve, otherwise it is chaos around the house and that's not good. So letting go is very hard for me. Hope you have a great weekend even if it is stitch-less. ;^)

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...