Saturday, July 15, 2017

Things That Make You Go Hmmm...

I've been starting at the screen for a while, attempting a clever title for the post.  I think I'm too tired.  (Don't worry; it's all good.  Farm work, company, energetic little people.)
 I've been musing about how far we've come with JoJo.  Two years ago, he spoke his first sentence: "I wan nu" for I want nutella.  Now he's using five or six words in a row, being descriptive, and beginning to show his quirky sense of humor.  We've embarked on a slow process of potty training, are agonizing over waiting three more weeks to be sedated for dental work, and enjoying trains.
In the meantime, I've put together most of my quilt.  It's going to finish at roughly 39" square.  I think I'll have it basted next week, but I can't seem to find a backing just yet.  There's plenty of fabric; it's a matter of pulling out pieces and measuring.  I'm not sure the quilt is visually quite balanced.  I thought I'd only have enough pieces for six clusters of stars, so by the time I realized I had more pieces than that, I was trapped into certain color selections.  It'll work for a baby quilt for someone, and babies won't mind, will they?

Off to the right are my mini 9s.  They really do all have blue in them, mainly in the centers.  Next week is my hourglass blocks.  The week after, there is some traveling going on with the big kids, so I'm going to see if I can slip in a Bits and Bobs organizational session.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

Alison V. said...

That is such a beautiful quilt top! I can't wait to see what you pick for the backing.

Linda M @ Pieceful Kingdom said...

The quilt will be gorgeous. I love your yellow and blues together.

Chantal said...

Babies definitively don't mind. And life is not always balanced; there's ups and downs. So if the quilt is not visually balanced, it's okay. It fits very well with this life. To me, your quilt just look perfect. ;^)

maggie fellow said...

the stars are wonderful

Quiltdivajulie said...

I'm guessing that is JoJo in the photo - such a great smile!! Your stars look good - and when you look at the sky, they are not all evenly distributed there so no worries in your quilt.

Mari said...

Love the star. Blue and yellow always look happy together. Congratulations on your son's progress. That's wonderful!

The Joyful Quilter said...

That Star Cluster quilt is PHENOMENAL!! Totally right, a baby won't care about the balance of the design. The baby will only care that you made a cozy quilt!!

JoJo is certainly a bundle of energy. Congrats! on the growth and progress he has achieved. Oh, that mischievous grin... What a cutie!

Cathy said...

Another cute picture of cute little Jojo! He looks so full of life and mischief. Yep, I'm not surprised he has a quirky sense of humor. And the blue and yellow quilt is to die for! I can't believe it's only 39" square. It would be awesome at twice the size too.

gayle said...

I love those star! And I can't believe how small it is - with all those pretty blocks, I thought it was much larger!

Kate said...

Good to hear that Jo Jo is doing well. He definitely looks like he has a fun sense of humor. Love the star quilt. It's bright and fun, it would be perfect for a new baby.

Kate

Deb A said...

That is great progress with JoJo! Such pretty stars - love blue and yellow together.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...