Sunday, January 11, 2009

Stash Report Week #2

It was my birthday, so I received 13 3/4 yards. Of that, I already counted 3 because I bought them for myself in October during the shop hop.

I ordered 3 yards of Marrakesh Sahara stripe to go with the "Peace on Earth" panel DH picked out. Don't know what I'll do, but the colors match perfectly.

I made a bag out of entirely reclaimed fabric. We'll call it a yard as cutoffs were put in the bin - so sense in saving 1" strips of a denim-y material that I wouldn't use in a strip quilt. The pocket is from DH's khakis. There's a little stain I might try to cover with something, but it's fun!

Then, in 45 minutes, I made this fabulously crazy bowtie. DH needed one for a skit tonight, and it's Sunday. I'll count it for next week, but I wanted to get the picture before he refused to snap one!

Totals:
IN this week: 13 3/4 yards

IN YTD: 22 3/4 yards

OUT this week: 1 yard

OUT YTD:
1 yard

TOTAL YTD: 21 3/4 IN!

I will have the top to my BiL's quilt completed next week, if I have time (and if the creeping crud doesn't overtake me), and then I will begin the long, slow process of hand quilting.

My goals for the week:
- 1 set of strips for the charity quilt sewn, trimmed, etc.
- BiL's blocks sewn into rows.

Bonus goals:
+ assemble BiL's top
+ finish Memaw's apron
+ finish Meg's apron
+ BOWTIE (DONE!!!)

Sorry, Lori, about there being more aprons. DH asked, and I can't deny my sweetheart!

3 comments:

Shannon said...

Good luck with all your goals!

Lori in South Dakota said...

You are so cruel to mention the aprons I HAVEN'T gotten sewn yet! ROFL!!

Christopher Lewis said...

I recognize that beard anywhere.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...