Sunday, February 22, 2009

Stash Report Week #8 and Goals

This week, I completed the remaining charity blocks and made them into a top. I also quilted my two rows. In addition, I finished the Assistant's sleeping bag (4 yards OUT). She thinks it's weird, but I really like it!

I made a high chair mat for under the Screamer's chair, as the floor was getting pretty gross ( 1 1/2 yards OUT), made a lunch bag, which was promptly destroyed by an over-zealous husband, before it was ever used (3/4 yard)... I finished the Assistant's birthday dress instead of the Screamers (1 3/4 yard OUT), quilted 2 blocks of my quiltlet, and worked on my Japanese blocks.

Then the girls got sick. No cabin this weekend. Alas...

OUT this week: 8 yards
OUT YTD: 25 yards

IN this week: 1/4 yard music fabric for the Assistant
IN YTD: 73 yards

YTD total: 48 yards IN

At least I'm making progress!

My goals for this week include quilting 2 rows and making the backing for my charity quilt. If I finish those, I will again work on my Japanese blocks, mark the border of my quiltlet for quilting, and work on Screamer's birthday dress. The charity quilt now has an anticipated home, so I'll be feeling more pressure to get it done.

I hope we're done with our over-large share of sickness for the winter (hasn't everyone been sick more this winter than usual in your house), and that I can work some extra hours so I can take off a week at Spring Break.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Brenda said...

Yes, it seems everyone, everywhere is sick this year, with colds and such that just don't want to leave..... I hope your girls get over their sickness soon!!
It sounds like you've had a very busy week in your sewing studio!! Keep it up!!! lol!!! sorry to hear about the lunch bag though..... hubbies... what to do, what to do??? Have a great last week of February!

Lori in South Dakota said...

LOL-I loved it all, but how does a husband destroy a lunch bag??

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...