Saturday, July 9, 2011

Stash Report Week #28

Progress has been made!

One quadrant of my scraps to treasures quilt is totally pieced and pressed.  Some of the pieces are sewn for the others, so I am about 3/8 done with the top.  My goal is to finish the top by the end of July, but I'm not sure that's going to happen!

I have made an executive decision to change the way I am quilting my Favorite Things quilt (aka Judy's Peaches and Dreams patten).  Around the border, I was doing circles, but I am NEVER going to finish the quilt if I have to continue tracing thousands of circles.  SO the borders will be circles, and the main blocks will have Xs quilting through the rectangles.

One table runner is in rows.  I hope to finish piecing it and its back by Tuesday so I can baste it and bring it on our trip to Colorado.

Guess who's coming into town Tuesday?

We have a well at Purgatory Ranch!  It pumps 150 gallons a minute... I think that's a bit fast for my taste, but it will be lovely to know there will always be good water pressure.  We also finished digging the main batch of potatoes.

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...