Sunday, July 31, 2011

Stash Report Week #31

Whew!  What a week!  It began like this.  Then we took a road trip to see DH's family in Dallas.  On the way there, we found a new quilt shop call Minding My P's and Q's.  What could I do but buy two yards of beautiful fabric, especially after DH, with no prodding from me, came to a screeching halt on the highway to get to the quilt shop?  Black music notes, star batik, and star and pink for the girls.

Saturday, I intended to spend the afternoon sewing and watching the kids so DH could have a break too.  Then our realtor called, saying the woman who was supposed to come see our house while we were in Colorado (but didn't...) wanted to see our house in ONE HOUR.  We had been home for less than 24 hours, so we still had trip things to put away, but we hadn't made too big of a mess, so we scrambled to be out the door in 50 minutes.  That is the fastest clean up I have ever done (with DH's help, of course)!

Saturday, my sales tax ID arrived.  Now to get a business license and start preparing for a craft show...  I did make a hat with ear flaps.  My sister has been begging for one for a while, so I at least have a prototype.  I made a fuzzy hat too, and some more flowers.

Bear Cub Q is not mostly recovered from his not-strep throat infection.  I'm not sure I've made up the sleep yet, but, then again, I never do!

I finished pin-basting my UFO for the month, which is what I wanted to accomplish.  Now to finish my table runner for the monochromatic challenge before my month runs out!

Check out the other stash reports at Judy's place.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


2 comments:

SpinningStar said...

WOW... again. I just read your duct cleaning post.Glad you made it through the week after that mess. I think I would be doing some serious fabric therapy after that, so you did well on just the 2 yards.

Liz

Lori said...

what a week!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...