Saturday, September 17, 2011

Craft Space Cleanup Complete!

Check out the before pictures here.

Perfect?  Of course not.  That wouldn't be any fun.
Better?  Indeed.

I finished all my machine quilting for the time being (4 placemats, 1 table runner, 1 lap quilt).

 I sent the vacuum to live behind the basement door, where it's a little inconvenient for opening the door, but out of my sewing space!
I also moved all the rags to the dining room where kiddos can reach them without trying to climb the fence.  The other odds and ends are at least tidied up.

The barrel of unfinished projects is no emptier, but it and the pile of placemats are tidier.  I took down a few papers to recycle, sorted through what I can do now and what needs to wait, and made everything a little more streamlined.


I've been working on the basement but was delayed by a tornado watch for tonight.  The shelter is next to my sewing storage in the basement, and it's time to clear that out just in case.

Time to go quilt (and bury threads, and sew on binding!).

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Katie - Looks good! I can't tell from the photo - but is the door to your studio as wide as the window? Could you move your guitar and put your sewing machine on the right wall with the bulletin board above it? If it would fit - you could use the left wall for a shelving unit from wall to wall - floor to ceiling. Then the guitar is the problem - where to put that?? Under the bed?? ;)) ^..^

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...