Sunday, September 18, 2011

Stash Report Week #38

It's been a... distracted week.

Early in the week, I learned it might be possible to partake in a craft fair on October 8.  Good news all the way around, except, wait!  That's too soon!  So I had to set up a mock booth in my dining room (which required shopping for display items for said booth), take pictures, send in my application, and start counting how many hats I had made.  I have 70 done, and while 100 would be a perfect number, I've decided I can't drive myself crazy striving for that many.  I still need to make more flowers and dishcloths, as I don't have nearly enough of those.

I was also sidetracked by the distracting disaster of my sewing area.  Before and after, if you're interested.

I am on the homestretch on my Scraps to Treasures quilt.  Woohoo!  It will be completed by week's even if nothing else is.  I have to finish this week, as next week... well, more on that later.

One table runner, one lap quilt (MEM scraps), and 4 placemats are quilting, binding machine stitched on, and awaiting hand stitching and thread burying.  I have my work cut out for me!  I look forward to washing them and showing you pictures.  My machine quilting on the MEM scraps is certainly nothing to write home about, but I tried new things, even a few feathers, and feel I am improving!

Check out the other stash reports on Judy's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Melanie said...

Wow, sounds like you're on fire this week! Good luck at the craft fair! I don't know how you all do it. I would absolutely drive myself crazy with worry if I did one of those, but I admire people who can!

Have a great week!

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...