Friday, September 9, 2011

Miscellany

Whew!  Going back to volunteering really ate up my day!  I made four trips to our parish and school where the Assistant is in kindergarten and I teach in the four preschool classes once a week (two today, two tomorrow).  All this biking had better result in some fabulous muscle tone.

God's AC is awesome.  It's remained in the low 70s F in our house all week.  It hasn't been that cool in here since May.

I've baked everyday this week, and most of it's gone! Finally, everyone's appetites are returning in relief from the heat. Blueberry muffins, chocolate chocolate chip muffins, two loaves of bread, a cake, granola bars, German pancake, pancakes... And it's still cool in the house!

We took our house off the market. We weren't getting any offers and had reached the point where it was necessary to address the lead in our windows for the sake of Bear Cub Q's health. With 40 windows, in the house, this is no inexpensive undertaking. At the end of the month, we will move to my Mom's for 3-5 days while 34 of the windows are replaced. Can I just say I weary at the thought of repacking rooms again and not moving.

Boo, weevils. Enough said.

Free new cloths for the kids is a nice treat, especially for the Assistant, who is quite the fashion diva.

I confess, my machine quilting has only marginally improved, but I still have over half of my MEM scraps quilt yet to do.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

No comments:

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...