Thursday, September 29, 2011

Thursday...

What a week this has been!  We spent several nights away from home while we had new windows installed.  I'm going to have to nag them about a few broken stops and some unfinished wood, but all in all, this is a great improvement.  Of course, the things they need to fix may never get done, but I'm going to try!  There are paint touch-ups on every painted window, inside and out, and I don't know when we'll do that... baby steps, right?

Living at my parents' house with three kids was kinda crazy.  It meant the drive to school took longer than a normal bike ride there, and I had to wait around in an empty house to unlock it for our carpenters.  The Screamer enacted payback today by flooding the bathroom floor and basement today.  Sigh.

My sewing room is back together, at least for the time being.  My suitcase is unpacked.  Don't ask about the laundry, 'kay?

The countdown to my first ever craft show begins... 9 days.  I have the essentials finished, but still need to finish my table runner pattern (my printer is being a PUNK!!!) and sew alligator clips onto way too many flowers.  I resorted all my hats today, tidied up the basement, which became a catch-all during the move out and back.  I'm getting excited and nervous and wondering WHAT WAS I THINKING?

The Assistant woke up in the night with a fever, so she's home from school, which complicated my whole "unpacking plan."  I'm glad tomorrow is a half day, so she won't be missing too much.  She is a brave girl and hasn't complained much, except about her tongue feeling "twisty."

Bear Cub Q decided that since we were home, he wanted to enjoy it so much that he skipped his nap.  I decided to celebrate by turning on a movie.  Actually, the Assistant chose Pride and Prejudice, and I rehung the curtains while we were watching.  I give him 20 minutes max before he demands to go to bed.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.


1 comment:

Henrietta said...

Looking forward to seeing pictures of the new windows, both inside and out. Presumably you will enjoy lower heating bills?

I adore your house and you and Handsome have done a sensitive job on your renovations.

May Goals

 April was a month of unexpected things. 1. Scraps: trim, yellow flower blocks, yellow 16 patches.   Done. 2. Finish the last two sections o...