Wednesday, October 23, 2013

Back to Square One: October Edition

You can spy the fabulously mismatched center of the star, but I left it on top anyhow.  I think it's good for my pride.  The half-square triangles went much better this time than in times past.
See that poor bandaged foot?  It was time for JoJo's 9 month checkup, complete with lead and anemia blood test.  I can see why doctors don't offer the test; it is terribly traumatic.  I still think they're fools for not offering it... I'm so luck our doctor knew we lived in an old house and was able to identify Bear Cub Q's lead problems early.  Who wants to wonder why their child is ill?

I'm having a hard time believing there's only two months left of this mystery.  I've enjoyed it, and if they collaborate again next year, I'm in!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

p.s. fabric by Vicki Welsh (buy some!) and pattern by Judy Laquidara (buy her books!)

1 comment:

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks! I love those colors. It has been a fun project, even though I'm still way behind!

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...