Thursday, October 31, 2013

Get It Done: November

October's goals included:

Get It Done is a challenge by Judy Laquidara to set goals and complete them in a month's time.  I'm enjoyed this challenge, as it helps me focus my efforts in the limited and somewhat scattered sewing time I have!

1. Use the scrap o' the month.  I made 4 - 2" blocks and numerous itty bitty 9-patches from 1" squares.  Do you remember when I said I was getting rid of my 1" pieces?  Of course after I do, I find two great projects to use them!

2.  October B2S1 Step.  Definitely done.

3.  Quilt away on my DWR.  Slow going, but I'm aiming for 1/2 hour a day and so far, doing well.

4.  Customer tshirt quilt!  I didn't make as much progress as I would have liked, partially because I foolishly pinned the above DWR and... don't have enough pins to baste this quilt.

November goals will be:
1. Use the scrap 0' the month, brown.  I have 9s and 6s blocks cut, 2" blocks cut and one sewn, and 9-patches.  I won't use up my 1.5" browns, but I have a plan for those next year, so it's okay!

2. Back to Square One, November instructions.  Almost to the end!

3.  DWR progress.  It would be lovely to have the gold parts of 30 rings hand quilted.

4.  Customer quilt complete.  Surely I can baste and quilt before Thanksgiving, so that one large quilt is off my plate.  (There are plenty more to take its place!)

5.  Hexi challenge quilt done as part of the Modern Quilt Guild.  It's going to be dicey, but I think I can, I think I can, I think I can!

6.  The three missing placemats quilted and bound, again for Thanksgiving.  This list just keeps growing!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ooops, that number six could be tricky! Good luck with your goals.

Kate said...

Good luck with your November goals.

Stash Report Week #18 and 15 Minutes

 I missed a day on my hexagons!  For the first time in almost 18 months, I missed a day.  I stitched extra yesterday, so it will all be fine...