Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Observations from Life...

1.  I should not go to the library.  If I come home with a good book, I get NOTHING done until I finish the book.  The lack to self-controlling is appalling!

2.  I thrive on a schedule.  Currently, I've assigned myself one hour of garden work, one hour of delayed-housework (bills, filing, food processing), 1/2 hour each of atrium, business, and hand quilting before I get to sew other things.  The payoff, despite what others probably consider to be insane, is that I am actually catching up on the garden and the DWR quilt!

3.  Rice pudding is apparently quite good using our own chicken eggs as well as homemade bourbon vanilla.  How do I know?  DH and I had to lick the bowl to try any, since the girls inhaled the entire batch as an after school snack.

4.  There is nothing quite like finding out daughter hanging out in the bathroom so she can practice praying the rosary without anyone pestering her or giving her chores to do.  The Assistant is just that awesome.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Vicki W said...

I am a #2 too!

Mlada said...

LOVE THEM ALL! And you too.

Mlada said...

LOVE THEM ALL! And you too.

Alzbeta said...

#1 = me, oh, so me. I miss reading... I haven't been to the library for myself since I was pregnant with Colette. That kind of makes me want to cry (I have read, just not anything new :))

Also, the Assistant IS amazing... what a beautiful little soul.

Kate said...

Number 1 is a "problem" for me too. If it's a good book, nothing gets done till I'm finished.

The Assistant is awesome, such a great discovery.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...