Friday, October 4, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Status Update

This week, I spent a little time cutting up the last of the scraps that needed to be trimmed, etc.

Here's what remains after nine months of fairly intense scrap-busting:

This is a small 2'x4' table.  All of my regular scraps fit here.  I do have a bag of scraps left over from the Scraps to Treasures challenge, and some scraps for a scrappy DWR, but otherwise everything is here.
I think it's funny that green and blue still have the most scraps despite my making three quilts entirely out of these scraps.
There are only a few yellow, orange, and pink scraps.  Red and purple don't have much more to offer.  I'm looking forward to tackling the black and grey stacks to the far right.  First up, of course, is a 2" block or two (I may have to cut into my stash and {gasp} create more scraps, but since my black and grey stash are pretty limited, it's okay!


In other news, my scrappy Irish Chain is almost ready for quilting!

 from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Kate said...

That's pretty impressive stash busting!

Sheila said...

I'm impressed with your stash busting! I agree. Sometimes you need to pull from the stash to create some scraps.

Deb A said...

Wow! I'm afraid to show my big bin of scraps... that never seems to go down. It just increases!
Have fun with black ( I dig into the stash for the snails trail blocks for the big square!). Looking forward to seeing the irish chain quilt.

Angie said...

I wish my scrap busting was as effective as yours! I just seem to make more scraps.

Julie in GA said...

I can't imagine getting my scrap collection down to that amount. I just seem to create more as I try to use them.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

we should live closer - I could share scraps ;-) ( as in you could organize them and sew with them!!)

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...