Saturday, October 12, 2013

Rainbow Scrap Challenge in Black

Who knew I had such a tiny amount of black and grey scraps?  I guess I should, as I sorted my scraps last week!
In order to make these four blocks, I chopped one 2" strip from each of my black and grey fabrics.  It turns out most of these fabrics came from my star and snowflake stash, as there is one piece of grey and none of black in my regular stash!

Now I have a fat stack of 2" strips and no plans for them at the moment.  I did cut up my 1" strips of black and grey, but my plan for those will have to wait for another week.

I'm up to 17 - 2" blocks.  I had hoped to make 35 for a nice-sized quilt for a little girl, but where am I going to come up with 18 more DIFFERENT blocks to sew?  I think I finally arrived at 7 more colors, but I may have to rethink my initial plan.

I'm enjoying these blocks as well as scheming for next year's rainbow scrap challenges!  Check out the other participants!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Kate said...

Love how your made two dark and two light blocks from your scraps.

Sheila said...

Love your blocks. It's going to be fun to see all our blocks come together in December and January.

scraphappy said...

It's always interesting to see which colors are really in our stashes. We each seem to have some colors that are scarce.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Your blocks are beautiful! I too have collecting ideas for next year from everyone's links.

Progress

I sorted and cut my pink scraps this week, since the machine is busy.  I also finished, before the quilting started, 147 yellow 16 patches! ...