Tuesday, December 31, 2013

January Get It Done

Whew!  I need to remember that when all six of us are home, there is no time to quilt!  I felt I had pretty attainable goals for December, but here I am lurking in a dimmed kitchen without the biggest goal complete.  The kids are still asleep, and if I'm quiet enough, they'll stay asleep after I finish this blog post and I'll be able to quilt.

Goals were:
1.  The Back to Square One mystery: finish as a top.  This is done, and I'm cutting fabric to piece a back.

2.  Use up the scrap of the month.  Since there wasn't a specific color for December in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I cut some more bits for my Omigosh quilt and cut myself some slack.  I don't have any blocks ready for a top yet, so it was nice not to push myself to do anything here.

3.  Finish the hand quilting of the gold and cream parts of the DWR quilt.  This is the insanity I wish I had kept up on.  Unfortunately for my goals, I took off Thanksgiving for company (the company wasn't unfortunate, since it was my sister and this is her quilt!).  I also didn't work on it last week much as we were traveling and needed all the available van space for luggage and, on the return trip, gifts.  I have one and a half rings left.  By the end of the day, I hope to have it done.

4.  I finished my modern Hexi quilt and gave it to the woman who drives my girls to school.

5.  I randomly hoped to finish a quilt for one of my daughters' teachers.  I have the blocks done!

I have lots of goals for January.  Lots.  Too many.  That's okay... it's better to have too many than none at all, and all too soon my gardening will be taking my time!

1.  Tell It To The Stars (the next mystery by Judy Laquidara) step 1.

2.  Scraps: bright blue: Carrie Nation blocks of my 1.5" and 2.5" scraps, Omigosh bits as leaders and enders, cut a strip of fabric from each of the blue fabrics in my stash for 4" charms as well as scraps for my scrap bin, and a blue skirt.  Too much.

3.  Quilt and finish Easy Street, which has been aging a year.

4.  Quilt and finish Falling Leaves, a pattern from Weekend Quilts, one of Judy Laquidara's books.

5.  Prepare a backing for Back to Square One.

6.  Three vests for Easter/wedding clothes.

7.  Quilt all the blue inner bits of the melons on the DWR quilt.

I need to go quilt!

Check out other goals as part of the Get It Done challenge on Judy's blog.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is a lot of goals, but you did well in December, an always busy month, and I have confidence you can make a dent in January's goals, too!

Kate said...

Hope you got in your quilting time before the kiddos woke up. Wait till they are all teenagers, then you'll have to drag them out of bed.

You did not do so badly in December. It is a hard month to get much done in.

Happy New Year! Hope you get some time to stitch today.

Mlada said...

You are an inspiration to me every day!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...