Friday, December 13, 2013

REAL Studio Tour Storage Solutions

My current favorite storage solution is this little craft box my MiL gave me last Christmas.  For a while, Bear Cub Q stored scraps and bits of things, but I took it back when I inhaled deeply and jumped off the crazy cliff.

See, I'm going to make a quilt in which most pieces are 1" unfinished.  There are hundreds of 9 patches and 4 patches, so as I cut up my scraps, I'm dropping each set into these little adjustable slots.  While it would be nice to strip piece everything, the reality is that I have short scraps to work with, and strip sets can be dicey to track with JoJo around.  Precutting and having a reliable storage spot is better for me.

I love the four different trays, as I can precut quite a bit but not have the risk of the whole kid and caboodle being dumped by an enterprising toddler.

I can even keep the uncut strips in the top compartment along with a small rotary cutter and ruler.  Security is important here, as JoJo is obsessed with diving after a moving rotary cutter.

Check out lots of other storage option on Vicki's blog.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.



7 comments:

Vicki W said...

You aren't jumping on the crazy train. With that project and hand quilting the queen size quilt AND a toddler you are the conductor. You have my complete support!

elle said...

Goodness, that will be a Project but you have got a well organized start!

Magpie's Mumblings said...

What a wonderful box! I can see a multitude of uses for one (actually a whole lot more than one!!)

Beth said...

I love this! makes me wish :::kind of!::: that I was cutting a quilt with a gazillion tiny pieces too! I had a very busy toddler too..my last kiddo. At almost 18, he will leave my sewing stuff alone, but he is STILL hard to keep up with! HA!

Alzbeta said...

If anyone can make a leap of the crazy cliff work for them, it's you.

Sharon - IN said...

That is great organization. I want to see your quilt!!

Kate said...

A great way to deal with the challenge of organization with a toddler in the house.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...