Saturday, June 21, 2014

Another week of Sunshine

During pregnancy, I really struggle with tolerating the heat, so the last week was another fairly productive sewing time as I was done outside by 10 am.

I finished the yellow row for my row quilt.  Only four more rows to go!
 I also decided to stop making any more of my 2" 36-patch blocks.  I was running out of variety options, and found a perfect way to use them:
My oldest daughter, the Assistant, is hand piecing a pink and turquoise quilt for the next baby (a girl) due in October.  I'm helping her to speed along the process, but we're using her stash instead of mine for the project.  Spunky, number two, really wanted to help but isn't quite coordinated enough for needle and thread.  Instead, she laid out my existing blocks, and they will be a perfect size for the backing if we add a narrow border to the pink and turquoise side.  Sounds good to me!  Both the girls are excited to make something for the baby, and I'm excited to use up a stalled project.

Be sure to check out other yellow projects that make up the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

14 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

How great to have the two girls prepare something to welcome their little sister to be. Great use for the blocks you've completed.

Kat Scribner said...

Yes Yes, I LOVE your row quilt, so pretty! and the 36 sq blocks are wonderful scrap blocks too.

Angie said...

The row quilt is looking wonderful! Your group baby quilt sounds like lots of fun!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

So wonderful that you find ways to let them help at their skill level. It reminds me of the many years ago that I did that with mine. No wonder mothers have to multi-task. I was so busy back then I didn't have to time to think about it.

Debi said...

Great projects!

Mlada said...

The double-sided quilt (basically)will be so nice and warm! I'm sure Assistant has LOTS of pink scraps to contribute.

Mlada said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
scraphappy said...

The yellow is a cheery addition to your row quilt. Pregnancy sounds like a great reason to stay in and sew. Enjoy your time with the girls.

scraphappy said...

The yellow is a cheery addition to your row quilt. Pregnancy sounds like a great reason to stay in and sew. Enjoy your time with the girls.

Sheila said...

Love your rows. Going to be a nice quilt. And LOVE your colorful, happy 36 patch block quilt.

LA Paylor said...

both of these are cool ideas. Wonder why you are tired of the squares?? They look so good sewn together.
LeeAnna
lapaylor.blogspot.com

Melinda said...

Katie, I LOVE both of your projects. I actually can't decide which one I like better. You are obviously have fun with them.

Alzbeta said...

eek! LOVE all of the rainbows and sunshine you've got going on!

Deb A said...

The row of yellow is wonderful! So neat that the kids are making something for their baby sister. So sweet - and a two sided quilt is always a plus.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...