Saturday, June 14, 2014

Mellow Yellow

As this week's contribution to the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, I completed my eight sampler blocks.
I can see that a few might be improved by higher contrast, but I think I'll leave them and enjoy the fact that all of them are made from scraps.  I had a few yellows that didn't play well with others, but I think it will work out okay in my row quilt that I hope to finish next week.

It was a good week for sewing, as I had these finished by Monday and half of my row quilt by Tuesday.  Then, I started quilt a challenge quilt; I'd been avoiding it.  The quilt is quilted and the binding almost complete, so this Sunday, given time, I'll be back to sewing my row quilt!

Today is weeding the strawberry again and hopefully putting down mulch, so I probably won't sew today.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

make.share.give said...

All scrap is something to be proud of! They look pretty.

scraphappy said...

Great progress on your yellow blocks! It can be hard to get nice contrast with scraps, but using what you have feels so good!

Nell's Quilts said...

It is hard to get good contrast using only yellow. I've been counting on the pattern in the fabric to do that for some. You've done well using up the scraps.

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I like your low contrast blocks they really make your eye look at them to see the pattern. They are what makes scrap quilts great.

Kate said...

You got lots done. Good for you for using up scraps, the blocks look good.

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

I think your blocks look great. I am trying to go all scraps too but it seems like I have a lot of lemon yellow. Will see what I can come up with!

Dasha said...

All of your blocks are so pretty. I wouldn't worry about the low volume blocks. By the time all the blocks in all the colours come together, you will most likely be happy to use a softer block. That is the beauty of scrappy quilts - absolutely everything "goes" together.

Sheila said...

Your blocks are very pretty. I think they will be be fine in a rainbow quilt.

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...