Friday, June 6, 2014

HSTeria

(Check out other HST projects on Vicki's blog!)
Well, well, well... that was not the nicest picture I could have managed, is it?  It's one of those days, trying to finish things while JoJo sleeps (briefly), and there are several blog posts, some cutting, and plenty of sewing to be done!

I have these blocks as "assembled" as they are going to get for a big.  I still need 4.5" unfinished blocks for the corners, but since I think I want to piece bitty stars, I'm still pondering my options.  I might put maroon stars in these corners and apple red stars in the corners of the maroon blocks, or... There are possibilities to ponder!

I am happy to have these on the design wall as JoJo has entered a new, terrifying phase of destruction.  He now opens and empties drawers as well as climbing up on the ironing board.  Where am I supposed to put my scissors, pins, and rotary cutter?

Hence the need to work while he is asleep!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Vicki W said...

I am always impressed with how much you get done with small children around!

Kate said...

Beautiful blocks, love the color palette you've chosen.

Sounds like the sharp objects in the house need to be under lock and key. Hopefully JoJo will pass through this phase really quickly!

Pattilou said...

Nice blocks. Being a Mom and quilting--you have my deepest respect!

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...