Saturday, June 7, 2014

Rainbow Scrappy Challenge: I've Got Sunshine...

... on a cloudy day.
I do so love these Carrie Nation blocks, to the point that I may make a few more quilts from them before I'm sick of them!  I really love the color blocking going on, and look forward to orange, red, and brown to finish off this quilt top.

My yellows are pathetically small, nonexistent in scraps and scanty in stash.  In fact, once I pulled out my stash, I found only a little, and ended with even less.

To begin, counting all the bits I reduced to orderly scraps

To end, 7 lonely pieces of yellow

Maybe my sister who loves yellow should send me some quilt fabric for Christmas?

I may or may not have found some yellows to purchase with a coupon, thoroughly destroying my stash report goals for the year, but for the time being, I'm working with the little I have.

Judy discontinued her scrappy challenge due to technical difficulties, so I'm deciding what block I will "sub in" this month to continue my row quilt.  I think I have one picked; now to see if my fabric is sufficient to make it a reality.


Check out other scrappy projects in yellow as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge on Saturdays.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

Vicki W said...

I agree, your CN blocks look great!

Nell's Quilts said...

Such lovely transitioning from one month's colours to the next. Sorry to hear that Judy has discontinued her block of the month half way through the year. I'm sure you'll find some other neat blocks to sub in.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Great CN blocks ... my yellow stash needs replenishing, too!

Angie said...

The Carrie Nation blocks are looking wonderful! I agree, it is a block with lots of possibilities.

Kate said...

It's going to be a bright and fun quilt. Love how those blocks work together.

scraphappy said...

I had not heard about Judy discontinuing the challenge. Sorry to hear that. Love your rainbow of Carrie Nation blocks though! Fabulous all together.

Quilter Kathy said...

OH my gosh Katie...I love how you have these blocks arranged! I have a pile of them and wasn't loving it, but you have just sparked my interest in them again!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

What a gorgeous quilt this will be!! Funny how you can stretch those bits once started.

Alzbeta said...

Yellow quilt fabric for Christmas...or new baby present? Can do. ;-)

Deb A said...

What a beautiful rainbow you are creating! Have you checked out Quilters Cache for blocks - she has tons of blocks by size or name in her directory. Good luck.

Sheila said...

What beautiful yellow prints!!!

Sheila said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

Stash Report Week #15

 I didn’t buy any fabric this week, so the stash report is unchanged.  I will work on assembling my New York Beauty blocks, and I need to de...