Wednesday, July 2, 2014

July Goals

Huh.  I never managed a June post.  Suffice it to say, I completed my Tell it to the Stars blocks, my various scrappy blocks, and most of a Dresden quilt in May.  I also quietly put away the DWR quilt.  I just can't finish it right now.

June's goals:
1.  I finished Tell it to the Stars, June installation.
2.  In yellow scraps, I finished Carrie Nation, sampler, row, and 9s and 6s blocks.
3.  I completed the Dresden quilt.  I still need to blog about it.
4.  I hoped to quilt Back to Square One.  I made progress, but JoJo is more and more destructive, so quilting time is hard to come by.
5.  I also hoped to finish a tree skirt for my sister.  The main parts are done, but I'm making some small filler blocks, and they take significant time.

Judy's goals:
1. Tell it to the Stars step 7
2.  Red scraps: Carrie Nation, sampler, row, and 9s and 6/s
3.  Quilt Back to Square one
4.  Finish a baby quilt my daughters and I are making.
5.  Finish the tree skirt.
6.  Make a quilt top for my SiL.

My goals are over ambitious, as I can't imagine finishing three quilts this month, but neither canon I decide which one to abandon.  It's time to get sewing!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
Katie

2 comments:

Mlada said...

Haha, canon. You are dedicated and get more done in a day than I can do in a week. I love you.

Kate said...

Every little bit of progress counts, so even if you don't make every one of your goals, moving ahead will make a difference.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...