Saturday, July 5, 2014

Ruby Red

I didn't get much sewn, but plenty of cutting and planning was done this week.  The weather is warming up and I am slowing down, so it was a fine week to sew little.

I am working on a red and white tree skirt out of stash fabrics and hope to finish that this month.  My Carrie Nation blocks are cut, and I've narrowed down what block I want for my row quilt. I have several sampler blocks to cut, but I'll wait to do that until crazy Jo Jo is asleep.  He is so determined and clever that he has become quite destructive.  Oy.  He needs work to do.  I will also be making more 9s and 6s this month to round out the reds.

Wish me luck!  And while you're cruising the interwebs, be sure to check out other red projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

Nell's Quilts said...

You've got the first step done. The planning sometimes is the biggest job. You'll find time to do the rest.

Sheila said...

Beautiful fabrics. Perfect for a tree skirt. Excellent idea.

scraphappy said...

Sounds like you have a great start to red.

Cathy said...

Good luck! I had a crazy Jo Jo once upon a time...

Deb A said...

The cutting and organizing is the difficult part. Hope you get a few minutes here and there to sew. Energy does get sapped as the weather changes.

Deb A said...

Oh - Would JoJo want to 'make' a quilt with some of your blocks while you sew? I did that with mine. It keeps them occupied for a little bit although you do need to press them again before you put things together.

Kate said...

Hope JoJo grows out of his destructive stage quickly. They just have so much energy at that age.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...