Wednesday, July 2, 2014

Mid Year Rainbows!

I have three quilty rainbows in process every month.  There is also a warm-color quilt in process that will see some more work this month since red is our chosen color.

My first quilt is Carrie Nation blocks.  I think I'm heading for ten rows, so this quilt is now over half done!  I'm loving my chosen layout and hope whatever teacher is chosen as a recipient will love it.

My second is a row quilt for my sons' double bed that is the bottom bunk.  Since it's for boys, I did skip the pink month, but made up for it with two green rows.  I may go back and add a blue-gray row, but I haven't decided yet.

Number three on the list is a sampler quilt using mostly Angela's blocks.  Mine aren't necessarily in the same colors as everyone else's since I'm making eight in each color.  This will be another teacher quilt.  I can't get a picture today (Wednesday) but maybe tomorrow!

My "9s and 6s" quilt will be in yellows, browns, oranges, and reds.  I need almost 300 blocks, since these finish at 4", and have quite a way to go!

I also am wrapping up my 2" 36-patches that is a rainbow of blocks.  We almost have the top complete, and these will be the backing.

I'm loving the progress so far and am definitely looking forward to a few completions before the baby arrives midOctober.

Check out all the other fabulous rainbow makers!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Sheila said...

Your rainbow projects are looking good! You are going to have some wonderful rainbow quilts in December.

Alzbeta said...

The first and last are my favorites... I love the rainbow projects!

Dasha said...

Wow! And all that with a baby. Awesome effort.

scraphappy said...

I so remember that urge to get everything due before the big due date. You are making great progress. I love the way the Carrie Nation blocks look all together.

Angie said...

All your projects look great! I'm especially fond of the Carrie Nation and row quilt. It's been fun to watch these progress over the year!

Andee said...

Your RSC projects are looking great!

Deb A said...

So many pretty blocks. Good luck finishing things up when you want them... although the good thing about quilt blocks is they will wait patiently until we can get back to them.

Nell's Quilts said...

The Carrie Nation blocks are lovely in your arrangement and the row quilt for boys is looking good. You've definitely got a lot on the go with a finish in sight by year's end.

KatieQ said...

Great choices for the blocks. You will have some beautiful quilts by the end of the year. I really like the Carrie Nation blocks.

Kate said...

Beautiful rainbow projects. You've done a good job of keeping up each month.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...