Saturday, November 29, 2014

A Week's Happenings

I finished this dress a few weeks ago, but someone is a sourpuss every time I try to get a picture.  My timing must be bad!  I made a pink and a green under slip, then made this sheer overdress.  It's awfully cute even if it's not practical for winter.  Fortunately, the weather has been mild, so we've been able to enjoy Miss G being a cutie a few times.

I finished 20 more blue 16 patches to have a total of 30.  The original ten (in blue and cream) were bits I sewed together to keep JoJo busy.  As long as they live on the design wall for a while, he doesn't seem to mind that I've taken them back.  I wasn't sure I'd get all of these finished, and I felt a little disappointed that I wouldn't have kept up with my goals.

Then, with a gift of time from DH Wednesday morning, I was able to whip them out.

 I also completed six rows of the Assistant's quilt for her teacher.  She doesn't mind sewing rectangles together, but she's not quite ready to follow directions about pinning (ie, she skips pinning and won't listen when I tell her to pin!).
We may yet have a complete top before the end of Thanksgiving break... and we'll definitely have all the teacher quilts complete by Christmas!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

scraphappy said...

You are making great progress -- amazing considering how busy you must be.

Kate said...

Little Miss G is definitely a stylish cutie in that little dress.

You got lots done. It's always such a nice gift when your Guy agrees to take the kids so you have some time to yourself. Looks like you definitely made the most of it.

Nell's Quilts said...

I don't know how you do it - good time management I guess and a helpful partner. It's so nice that your assistant is able to work on her teacher's quilt. It will be so much more meaningful I think.

LA Paylor said...

the baby is so sweet in that lacy dress. Like a dollbaby. LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Cathy said...

Oh, what a sweet little dress. I used to make all the clothes for the family back in the day and especially enjoyed the little girl dresses.

How nice of you all to make teacher quilts. They must be some very special teachers.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...