Friday, November 14, 2014

Finished Quilt: Ribbon Weave Baby Quilt

As I rock Miss G to sleep (she says she still has a burp, so she wants to stay up a little longer), I've been looking over my blog.  First off, why is it so hard to blog during the week?  There are lots of excuses, mostly attributable to JoJo (oh, that boy!), but I do find I like to "do" during the week and "wrap up" on the weekend.  I'm trying to do better, as I have two finished quilts this week!



This little baby quilt finished at 36" x 45".  When we were packing our old house to market it, three years ago, I worked on tidying my scraps by cutting out two of these ribbon weave quilts.  The first, in blues and greens, needed more contrast, some pressing changes, and was finished two years ago.  Oddly enough, I only gave it away last week.  Since it is an afternoon for observation, I realize back then, I had a single gallon sized ziplock bag for all of my scraps.  I can't even imagine trying to quilt with so few scraps now!  I still don't think I had "lots" of scraps, but I have enough I can make a quilt out of only some colors and actually have enough.  I'm much more organized in my scraps than I used to be.

I like this block, although I think if I were ever to make it again (unlikely, as there are SO many blocks to try), I would use larger strips than 2" to make larger blocks.  Still, this is a nice size.  I like quilts that are small enough to wash quickly, as I use them for covers for the pack 'n' play or the floor to protect from spit up.

I quilted this on the diagonal to keep it simple but pretty.  I'm not sure where this quilt is going either, so I guess I'll save it for the next baby gift!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

2 comments:

Vicki W said...

What a cute quilt! Scrap quilts are the best!

Kate said...

Congrats on another finish! It turned out beautifully.

Don't feel bad, I have a hard time posting during the week. There is just so much going on it seems.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...