Friday, November 7, 2014

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Blue, Blue, Blue

There isn't much "light" blue sewing in evidence this week, but it's there, hiding!


 I sewed up all my triangle scraps, including some more greys I found (or created, possibly) since I sewed up some last month.  Now they're in the process of being trimmed.  I think there are only three or four truly light blues, but I'm sewing all the blues - no doubt there will be more by the time another blue month rolls around.


I have a few more 16-patches.  These are actually ones I started earlier in the year to give JoJo something to measure and "trim" (with just the rulers, no rotary cutter), but since they fit in, I'll be sneaking them back at some point.

There are other bits and pieces scattered here and there, but I'm currently working on the binding for the rainbow row quilt for my son, so the bits and pieces will just have to stay scattered for now.

Be sure to check out the rainbow of projects that are part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge.  Not everyone is sticking to light blue, so it's lots of colorful inspiration!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

soscrappy said...

Beautiful blues, light or not, it feels good to use them up!

Carla A Few Of My Favorite Things said...

I used all the blues that I could find too! Afterall, it's all about using up those scraps!

Cathy said...

I like how you have used your triangle scraps. I might have to copy you next year.

Deb A said...

Using up those scraps is the key! Pretty blues - sounds like you are getting a little sewing time! She must know Momma needs to sew =)

Sheila said...

Love your blues. I think it's all about turning our scraps and stash, turning what we have into colorful usable quilts.

Kate said...

Beautiful blues! You do so well on using up your scraps and making other pretties.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...