Tuesday, November 4, 2014

Finished Quilt: Rainbow Scrap Sampler

Woohoo!  My second of four teacher quilts is complete, down to the washing.

Unfortunately, it would appear my top and bottom border were a little shorter than they ought to be.  Hopefully, a little spritzing and stretching will fix the worst of it, and if not, c'est la vie!  (The quilt IS square; I don't have a wall to hang quilts on, so all my quilts looks slightly off kilter due to where I stand to photograph!)

The Assistant organized the layout, and we chose a simple wavy quilting pattern to keep the quilt soft and the quilting quick.  She's also stitching the units for her other teacher's quilt, so we may have them both completed by Christmas!  This teacher's favorite color is blue, so we found a nice blue print for the backing.


The blocks were made as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge, although I stopped at 72 and didn't make most of the blocks that required pieces larger than 2.5."  I really wanted to shop my scraps, so unless I was cutting a larger strip for something else, I didn't want to have to rifle through my stash to obtain one smallish square or triangle.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

7 comments:

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

VERY nice!! Your Assistant did a GREAT job on the layout - ;))

G! said...

That is really excellent!! Awesome colors

Schulz Family said...

That sampler is just stunning

Dawn said...

What a great idea for a sampler! Very cute!

Kathy@KayakQuilting said...

So many fun blocks! Great idea!

dq said...

I just love this very cheerful quilt! I love how you did a sampler on the diagonal by color. I am doing a Dear Jane quilt with the same idea in mind, so perhaps that is why I love yours so much.

Kate said...

Congrats on the finish. It turned out beautifully!

Stash Report Week #16 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report remains unchanged.  I am adding borders and basting a small quilt this week, so I will have a shift in numbers soon. I fin...