Friday, November 21, 2014

Finished Quilt: Rainbow Row Quilt

The Rainbow Row Quilt has been finished for almost two weeks, but it was immediately pressed into service when the cold weather blasted through. Bear Cub's current favorite part is the backing.  Even though I want him to like the actual quilt, I'm glad DH and I were able to pick something he won't outgrow too quickly for the backing.


I made the rows each month as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge and found it was nice to make some blocks I wouldn't have chosen myself, but could get a feel for whether or not I'd like to piece an entire quilt of them without making myself crazy.

It fits nicely on Bear Cub and JoJo's full size bed and Bear Cub was very excited that I made it for him, so I think this quilt was a success!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

4 comments:

Vicki W said...

The quilt turned out great!

Julie in GA said...

What a great idea to make a row each month, and it turned into a fabulous quilt!

Kate said...

Beautifully done. The back is as fun as the front!

Teresa in Music City said...

Wow! Your RSC blocks made an amazing quilt - I love it!!!!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...