Saturday, January 31, 2015

O Happy Day

(o happy day). After a week of ridiculous searching, I located my camera under a couch cushion.  Perhaps I should mention that I checked under that cushion at least twice before.

JoJo fell off a chair and cut his eye (same eye, more dangerous place) but escaped the trauma of more stitches.  We seem to be in another stormy season with him, and right now he wakes up at 5 am and can't get back to sleep, so we could both use a nap.

Catholic Schools Week made for an insane schedule this week, right up to a dead battery at school!  I still managed some stitches here and there and plenty of ironing.

Some of my 16-patches are pretty low contrast in retrospect, but I love turquoise so I'm not worried.


My Bits and Bobs (Omigosh modified) in blue are caught up.  I still have more 1" strips to sew, but as I found no pinks in my box to sew, I'll just sew more blue in February!


The second quilt using 2.5" bricks is in the process of being quilted.  I find I failed on contrast for this quilt as well, with my lime and aqua both mediums.  I will quilt the aqua with a darker thread and the limits a lighter thread, so we'll see how this ends up.  I still like it, and am once again reminded how much I have to learn!

Be sure to check out the last of the blue projects this weekend.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Nice blocks and great use of your blues. I'm looking forward to another colour yet will miss the blues. It's not a colour I use a lot.

Mlada said...

I love the colors in that last quilt--it looks like sherbet. I'm so glad you found the camera!

Magpie Sue said...

I've been piecing for almost 30 years now and I *still* have to work at getting enough contrast between values in my blocks. Most of the time I just don't worry about it because I'm sewing scraps. When I'm making a quilt for someone, on purpose, I have to really pay attention.

Love your turquoise blocks!

Sally Trude said...

The low contrast is beautiful with the turquoise. Very soothing.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Great colors - kind of relaxing in the tropics... which sounds what you need - what a crazy week you had! Heres to a relaxing weeknd!

Cathy said...

It all looks good to me! I don't think you always need a strong contrast. I've seen some totally low volume quilts that I loved even tho' I'm not a low volume type of gal.

Nell's Quilts said...

When you work with scraps you don't always have the variety you want for contrast but it's all good because it's done and fabric got put to good use.

Sheila said...

Hope this will be a better week for you, dear! Seriously!
Love your blue blocks and quilt.

Kate said...

I remember Catholic Schools week, it does tend to make for a busy week. Hope things will calm down for a bit. Love all your blue projects.

Deb A said...

Love the colors in that last quilt - low volume is very nice once in a while. Very soothing. Hope JoJo settles down a bit for you this week. Enjoy playing with blue.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...