Saturday, January 17, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Long Days

Today is day eight of fever and illness in our house, and only JoJo and I are still standing.  Poor Miss G has been running fevers on and off since Wednesday, which means this momma is ready for a sanity break.  She and I will be visiting Minor Emergency this morning since her fever spiked again.

 Then there's the matter of a broken furnace.  Enter large fires in the wood burning stove and, two days later, a brand new furnace, inside and out.  Did I mention I need a break?

I did sew scraps, although plenty of them weren't blue.  I'm really having trouble getting on the ball, aren't I?  And it was plenty of sewing, because when Miss G did feel well enough to watch her brothers play or to sleep in the swing, I RAN for the sewing machine!  I love my babies, but it is so hard to not be able to make them well again.

My triangle blocks are done, although in green.  I used up all my blue triangles last year and haven't made any more yet.  That's okay, though, as I have more than enough green triangles to fill half the quilt!
More bits and bobs for Carrie Nation blocks
Last Sunday my friend and I sewed away and finished the 12 black Carrie Nation blocks.  Next will be the light green, as pictured above in the un-ironed heap of 4-patches, and then gray, since I don't think that will be one of our colors this year.  We'll see how many we get done this Sunday (or if we even sew, since the baby is sick!).

I am working on another chevron quilt.  It was mostly cut, so I've stitched together the lime and aquas.  Next up is the aqua and whites.  I hope this quilt turns out as lovely as I've envisioned.

I also sewed a vest and dress for our Easter get-up (every year, I sew our Easter clothes.  They're nothing fancy, but I like them!).   I even ironed them, but they're put up to be safe from sticky fingers with scissors, so I'll have to get a photo another day.

Look for bluer projects this Saturday as part of the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

make.share.give said...

Hope everybody is well soon. It's nice to squeeze in a little sewing, isn't it?

Scrappy quilter said...

I hope everyone gets healthy quickly. Glad you were able to do some sewing. Sickness with little ones is always so hard.

Vicki W said...

Oh wow, you do have a lot going on! Once everyone is well and you have heat you will need a vacation!

Quilter Kathy said...

I like your light that comes right over your machine... that would be perfect for late night sewing!

Kate said...

Wishing you a sanity break soon. It's no fun when everyone is sick.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great colours even if they aren't blues. Hope everyone is well soon. No fun with sick little ones.

Cathy said...

Hope all are well and back to normal soon.

Julie in GA said...

I hope everyone at your house is feeling better very soon. Good luck with all your projects.

LA Paylor said...

oh my

sewing for sanity at this point!
Heal!
LeeAnna at not afraid of color

Sheila said...

Bless your heart. You have had a time of it. Hope everyone is well soon.

Laura said...

I am so sorry your family has been so sick. I hope everyone feels better SOON! I am amazed through all of that you managed to get as much done as you have! I really love your triangle blocks. I hope this week will be better for you and your family!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Stay well and warm! Happy scrappy sewing.

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...