Saturday, March 14, 2015

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Yellow Edition

One lonesome triangle nine patch.  Poor thing, there were no more triangles to make another!  I have oodles and oodles of green triangles, however, so I will make up for the lonely block another month.

I had great plans for a fabric finish to help my stash report and my UFO list, but, alas, we had a number of "on the road" days, yielding only hand quilting for most of the week.


I did finish 72 Carrie Nation blocks!  I decided, in fits and starts, to finish all the four patches in all colors before assembling the blocks.  It sure made this week feel productive after a month of no new Carrie Nation blocks!  All the quarters were ready, so an hour or two of pinning and sewing whipped out the last blocks.  Now we have to plan the layout, and on to the rows we go.

Finally, I finished all the yellow four patches for the new quilt.  I've begun the blues, but with no four patches complete, it would be a dull photo of blue squares and green squares.  Maybe (maybe, as it is spring break), I'll have a finished block or two next Saturday!

Be sure to check out all the other sunshine-y projects this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Finishing 72 Carrie Nation blocks is pretty good. Great job!

make.share.give said...

On the road days with handquilting sound fun!

Cathy said...

Progress in yellow is Happy Progress. Love your patchwork!!

Cathy said...

It's all good.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Every stitch is progress!

Kate said...

You got lots done. Love all those sunny yellows. Enjoy spring break.

Nell's Quilts said...

So much accomplished with the busy schedule! Your blocks in the post are so cheerful and sunny.

scraphappy said...

Loving the yellow. Hope spring break will let things slow down a bit.

Edith said...

Phew, I think you got a lot done, loving all the yellow brightness.

Sheila said...

72 Carrie Nation blocks! Wow. You have been busy.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...