Saturday, March 21, 2015

Yummy Yellow

Spring Break flew by in a whirlwind!  DH was out of town for three days, my sister had major surgery, and potatoes were planted, all in addition to the usual nonsense.

I finished two dresses for the girls and made good progress on the custom seat cushions.  I had no idea there were 12" long upholstery needles, but now I own one!


On the scrappy yellow front, I finished the first twelve blocks for my niece's quilt.  The tiny blue four patches feel as though they take ages to complete.  The next round of blues is the worst (most numerous), but then is should all be downhill from there.  I will try to finish the next set of blocks this week, and then we'll see what April holds for sewing time!

I also finished up my 10 16-patches.  I would have liked 20, but there aren't any more yellow 1.5" scraps, so this is it for now.

Next week, I hope to finish my next set of Carrie Nation blocks, my Bits and Bobs in yellow, and the seat cushions (so they're off my list).

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

8 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

You've been busy. Great job!

Planting won't start here where I live for another couple months. You are way ahead of the game.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Sounds like considerable progress to me!

Deb A said...

Wow - you got a lot done. Great job. I hope you can squeeze in a little more sewing and relaxing time next week.

Nell's Quilts said...

Great work with yellow this week. I love the blue with the yellow. Sun and sky or grain fields and water. WE still have snow on the ground - it's melting but not all gone and the ground is still quite frozen. It'll be a while before planting gets done our way.

LA Paylor said...

those needles sound like a weapon! Be careful! I seem to stick myself with every pin and needle I touch so imagine the danger!! LEeAnna at not afraid of color

quiltedfabricart said...

Very sweet blocks - that needle sounds dangerous but useful :-)

Kate said...

You got a lot done last week. Those blue 4 patches may take forever, but they look great.

Marsha Cooper said...

Still thinking of what I will do with the yellow 4 patches that I made, but I do know that I plan on doing 4 patches in each color of the month from now on.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...