Monday, October 3, 2016

October Goals

In September, I mentioned sewing like mad.  So here's how I did...
1.  Scraps, as always: trimming, finish the appliqué quilt, sew up some more Bits and Bobs.   Done, done, and done!

2.  Finish my mom's quilt.  Done!

3.  Cut the remaining blocks for my Odd Fellow quilt, and start stitching!  Yeah!

4.  Finish PK's stocking.  Actually, I think I finished JoJo's, and made an excellent start on PK's.

5.  Make a mug rug for my first ever swap.  Done!

6.  Maybe think about a quick quilt for teachers.  Somehow, I only have one ready, with nothing in the pipeline.  Since the baby is due before Christmas, it's clear my brain wasn't working when I DIDN'T plan teacher quilts.  I have the flimsy done, so I've made good progress.

Bonus: I also cut out an entire scrap quilt for next year.  Woohoo!

In October, I hope to...
1.  Wrestle the scrap tubs.  I've already trimmed, I'll make more Bits and Bobs, and my wildest wish is to get the Odd Fellows blocks to a flimsy.

2.  Finish PK's stocking.  That will leave me with DH's, but I'm waiting for a new design to be released before I tackle his.

3.  Finish the teacher's quilt.  If Odd Fellows moves along quicker than expected, I'll start another one.

4.  Cut out my hourglass scrappy project for next year.  I'm finding less selection in my 2.5" bin than I found in my 2" bin.  We'll see if I can eke out enough for 165 blocks, or if I'll have to do the final blocks on a medium/dark or dark/dark pattern rather than light/dark.  That requires a bit of extra figuring on my part, but I can do that!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

You had a really productive September. Good luck with your October goals.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...