Saturday, October 1, 2016

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: End of Triangles!

Trimming is done for another month, although it took me all week to find my Easy Angle ruler, so there will be extra triangles to tackle next time.
Roughly 528 pairs of triangles later, I have no more bias edges to stitch for my Odd Fellows scrappy quilt!  Next week I'll be pairing these up with plain squares and hopefully complete the second subunit for the blocks.  I'm looking forward to how quickly the last 33 blocks will come together once I have all the tedious bits of sewing done.
In my avoidance of sewing the above triangles, I managed to cut an entire scrappy quilt for next year. I'll be framing out some of my odds and ends from my mini nines, so I went through my 2" scrap box and cut the framing pieces from any scraps that were long enough.  I'm amazed that I had so many different fabrics that even cutting 165 sets, I had to thin out most of my blue and turquoise scraps at the end.  Next year, I'm hoping the blocks will fly out from under my needle since I won't have any cutting to do.

Finally, I assembled the top and backing for the latest, quick teacher quilt.  Next week is for basting and, if I accomplish what I need to with my triangles, start quilting.  I wish I had more of the wheat background fabric, but I bought it as the quilt shop near me closed, so that was the end of the bolt.

(I did load pictures, finally, for last week!)

Be sure to check out all the fabulous projects this Saturday!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

12 comments:

gayle said...

Wowzers, that's a lot of triangles!
And, hey, looks like a lot of them are in October's orange and yellows, so you're way ahead of the game for RSC!

Julierose said...

amazing--i would do almost anything--even dust--to avoid triangles hahaha...love yours tho--all cut out and ready to go. Like your little 9-patches there, too...hugs, Julierose

Alison V. said...

Your projects look great!

Chantal said...

So many triangles! On the other hand, Odd Fellow is such a beautiful block. It will be worth it, I'm sure. You are so organised that for sure the blocks will fly from under the needle. Lovely quilt the teacher is getting. ;^)

LA Paylor said...

triangles on a tray... what a title for a book. LeeAnna

The Joyful Quilter said...

LOVE the latest teacher quilt!! Nice job with all that cutting. You will DEFINITELY be glad that you did this prep work before the new baby arrives!!

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Good work on the triangles! I'm impressed! They are going to make a beautiful quilt, though!

Kate said...

That is a lot of triangles! I love the rich autumn color scheme you've got going on with those. Looks like you are ready to go next year. Cutting always seems to take the most time, you should be able to really crank out the blocks next year.

PaulaB quilts said...

Impressive amount of work. Your block one with white is the same Color Works pattern I'm using, so easy. Keep up the good work!.

Deb A said...

Having all that prep work done will really help sew in those 10-15 minutes of time next year with so many littles underfoot. Great job and your latest quilt is very pretty.

Karen's Korner said...

A busy time at your place with some lovely results.

Vicki W said...

Love the teacher quilt! My Mom has used that pattern a few times and the quilts always turn out nice.

Stash Report Week #17 and 15 Minutes

 The stash report is boring: no changes.  I did start quilting my New York Beauty quilt today and finished piecing the box blocks, so I will...