Friday, January 12, 2018

Finished Quilt: Magnolia Mystery

Each year, Kate takes part in a mystery quilt from Meadow Mist Designs.  In the past, I've watched the quilts develop without much attention, but this year, when the mystery began, I was ready to start another project, so I jumped in.

I chose solids for my first mystery quilt.  As it developed, I stayed pretty happy with my choices.  Once the full design was revealed, I was relieved to find my colors worked out.  I did decline to add the wide expanses of white fabric, so opted for a few colored borders.  I chose simple straight lines for quilting, spaced along the block layout, and more lines through the borders.
It's not a lovely picture, for which I apologize.  My camera is still MIA, and I'm struggling with using my iPad and loading them to my computer.  It'll get better eventually!

I'm very happy with this lap-sized quilt, and it's washed and ready to share with somebody who needs it or for charitable purchases.

Next year, I'll be on the watch for the next mystery!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

1 comment:

Kate said...

Beautifully done! Love your teal and brown color combination. Congrats on getting it finished. Mine is still in pieces, guess I need to get busy!

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...