Wednesday, January 10, 2018

Finished Quilt: Rose Appliqué

From October of 2016 until recently, I regularly carried bits and pieces of this quilt with me.  I started with the blooms, using them to while away the time at therapy and the dentist, as well as waiting for school kids.

I used this pattern, something I purchased during a shop hop and gave my husband to give me for my birthday (I think) in 2009.  Unfortunately, the ink flaked off the pattern cover and backing, and the pattern picture was the only layout guidance in the whole pattern, so I wasn’t so thrilled.  But all’s well that ends well, and here we are.

The purples and greens are from two shade packs by Vicki Welsh.

The only time the machine touched this quilt was to attach the binding.  Now it’s washed and crinkled delightfully, and ready to give away!  (And, of course, I didn't get a better picture than this before I gave it away, so enjoy it as it is!)

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

5 comments:

Julierose said...

Oh this is stunning...love those colors beautiful work hugs, Julierose

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Beautiful!! I didn't realize it was that big until I checked the link to the pattern - 41" x 59". For some reason I thought that it was much smaller while I was "watching" you work on it through the years. Love the colors - VERY nice!! - ;))

Vicki W said...

Spectacular! I so hope this finds its way into the customer gallery sometime before your next order so you'll have a nice discount!

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Wow, gorgeous quilt, done all by hand! Amazing roses, stems, and quilting!

Kate said...

Gorgeous finish! Love the colors, the shading in the fabrics worked out so well. Congrats on a beautiful finish of a challenging project.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...