Sunday, January 7, 2018

Stash Report Week #1

Yeehaw!  I have a finish, my Magnolia Mystery quilt.  I have two quilts I would love to make that require purchasing specific fabrics, so I’m hoping for a strong first half of the year so I can splurge later.  This is a good beginning!

And, since it’s been so long since I mentioned how I tally, here’s a recap.  I don’t count any yardage out until a project is completed, quilting and binding and all.  I do count yardage I receive from giveaways and gifts as incoming, since I am interested in the interaction between incoming and outgoing regardless of how it arrives.

IN YTD: 0 yards
OUT YTD: 9 yards
YTD Total: 9 yards

I also managed 15 minutes a day sewing.  Saturday, my birthday, I had hoped to sew the afternoon away, but that was regretfully interrupted when Spunky slipped on ice and incurred a serious concussion.  I don’t do well with lots of blood, so I had to put my head down for a little bit after I helped her clean up her head.  She’s doing well, though, so I think we’ll get some sewing time this week once we see when she will go back to school.

from the room of Zana’s Ninis,
katie z.

3 comments:

Shelina (formerly known as Shasta) said...

I'm glad Spunky is doing okay - slipping on the ice doesn't sound like fun, especially when it involves bleeding. Good for you for getting the top done!

A Left-Handed Quilter said...

Congratulations on your finish! And give Spunky a hug for me - slipping on ice is scary but when you add a concussion and blood, you get SUPER scary - hope she feels better soon - ;))

Kate said...

Hope Spunky is feeling much, much better (and that your heart rate has returned to normal). Congrats on the finish and on all the outgoing fabric. That's a great start to 2018.

April 350 Block Count

 I made A LOT of yellow 16 patch blocks this month: 147.  I had no idea I had so many yellow scraps! This month I made 168 blocks: the afore...