Saturday, April 7, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Baby Steps

Ah, another week.  A little short on fabric, perhaps, but I'm working to resolve the situation.  Physical therapy is not for quitters, so every day I do all my stretches, I reward myself with a half yard of V and Co.'s metallic confetti ombre fabric.  So far, I have two pieces.  My hand is still a black bruise, and my stitches haven't come out yet, so I have plenty of therapy ahead of me.
 PK says I should read him more books and learn to throw with my right hand.
 I've sorted my yellow scraps, threaded my machine,
 and have been webbing blocks.  I'm awaiting a roll of white 1.5" strips to allow me to make strip sets for my yellow 9-patches.  I can't cut until I can press my hand firmly enough to anchor the ruler.
What are your yellow plans?  Do you have any good books of quilty inspiration to suggest?  I'll be lurking to see yellow blocks this Saturday.

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

11 comments:

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I hope your hand will get better very soon. Not easy to rotary cut with one hand...

Julierose said...

What a cutie pie--geeze Grannie, you mean you can't throw with the other hand?? Hahahaha...
You are collecting some nice fabrics there...hope you heal quickly hugs, Julierose

cspoonquilt said...

Hang in there! PT is hard but it's really important for your recovery! Love that print on top of the yellow stack! If you like mysteries Try a Louise Penny novel. Take care.

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

Yes, keep going on your therapy! I had to do it when I broke my wrist a couple years ago, and it was hard, but so worth it. Looks you're finding some things you can do, which is great! Yellow fabric is so fun to play with!

Chantal said...

So sorry to hear about your hand. (I went back to the post where it all happened and ouch! that's horrible.) Sending prayers so all will heal rapidly and that you can use it just like before. The yellow and black fabric reminds me of Charlie Brown. Take care. Take the time you need to heal. Don't rush it. ;^)

Mari said...

Your little boy is a cutie! For inspiration, I usually go through my old books and look for things I haven't tried yet. You could also cruise through the Moda Bake Shop site. They have some patterns just for 1-1/2 inch strips, or you could adapt the 2-1/2 inch jelly roll patterns. Hope the pain is better soon!

gayle said...

Hoping for happy healing. (And fast, too!)

Angie said...

Ouch! So sorry to hear about your hand! Reiterating what all the others have said - PT is a pain, but so important for solid recovery. Enjoy all your quilting plans and reward system!!

Kate said...

Sorry the healing is taking so long. Hope your precut strips show up soon so you play with some stitching.

Cathy Tomm said...

Hope you get better. You look like you have some good yellow scraps.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Hey!!! Who inserted the big boy in the spot where "baby" PK was supposed to be?!?!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...