Saturday, April 21, 2018

Rainbow Scrap Challenge: Oops!

It would appear that in my desperation to be sewing anything and my inability to cut much, I overproduced yellow nine-patches!  I have 64 total, including browns and pinks, which is a bit more than the necessary 42.  All is well.  The quilt will be larger and no one but ourselves will know the difference!
I also found a backing and pieced the last of my batting scraps for the little red, white, and blue baby quilt.  Basting is still out of the question, but I have now used up all but one piece of my cotton batting scraps.  It's so nice to have the batting scraps out of my closet, since it's not ideal for fabric storage, and batting only complicates that.
Let's talk about my green scraps.  Now that I'm matching them into halves, the stacks are much larger than I anticipated.  I'm not sure I can finish them before May, but I think you'll also be surprised when I finally post a picture too.  Where do all these green scraps come from?

Despite my writing issues, I found a pretty new notebook for my quilting records for the rest of the year, since my current one is already shredding at the spine.  This is a disappointing development and a new one for my many years of quilting.  Oh, well.  I bought a new set of gel pens and will slowly transfer all needed information over the next few weeks.  It will be a good quilty occupation.

Be sure to see all the yellow blocks this weekend!

from the room of Zana's Ninis,
katie z.

6 comments:

Mari said...

Extra 9-patches always get used, so no worries! I bet it feels good to have those batting scraps used, too. How is the healing going?

LIttle Penguin Quilts said...

I always seem to have an overabundance of green scraps, too - not sure where they come from! I'm with Mari - those extra nine patches will get used up somewhere!

gayle said...

Nine patches are always a good leftover! So many quilts, so many borders, so many possibilities!

scraphappy said...

Glad you were able to be productive. Slow and steady, much can be accomplished.

Kate said...

Nothing says that all the blocks have to go into one quilt. Sounds like you are still doing a great job of cleaning up those odds and ends in the sewing room.

The Joyful Quilter said...

You got a LOT of YELLOW sewing done!! Sorry about your shredding notebook. That's unfortunate. Looking forward to seeing what will be happening with all of those pretty green 4-Patches!

Batten the Hatches

We’re expecting “extreme” weather this afternoon and evening, so I’ve already cleaned up the yard, mowed, and run errands for the weekend.  ...